YFP 014: Turning Student Debt Frustration Into Action (Debt Free Theme Hour with Derek Schwartz, PharmD)
About Today’s Guest
Derek Schwartz, PharmD, RPh is a 2014 graduate of Ohio Northern University Raabe College of Pharmacy who currently works with the Kroger Company in the Cincinnati, OH area. After graduating in 2014 with over $180,000 in debt, Derek is on pace to being debt free in January 2018.
Featured on the Show
- Your Financial Pharmacist Facebook Page
- Seven Figure Pharmacist by Tim Church, PharmD, BCACP, CDE and Tim Ulbrich, PharmD
- Every Dollar budgeting tool: https://www.everydollar.com/
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
On this episode, our guest, Dr. Derek Schwartz, talks about:
- becoming “normalized” to student debt;
- his frustration by initial efforts to pay down his principal;
- how he organized his loans and learned more about what other pharmacists were going through;
- his sacrifice and how he drastically cut expenses to free up income.
Join the YFP Community!