It has been a fantastic first year of the Your Financial Pharmacist blog and I am thankful for the over 1,100 pharmacists and pharmacy students, including yourself, that have joined me on this journey of achieving financial freedom. What started as sharing the story of the path Jess and I took to pay off $200,000 in debt has led to the creation of a community of pharmacy students residents and practitioners that are motivated to pay off debt and save for the future to be in a position to care for their family, enjoy life and give to others.
Best of 2016
A total of 42 blog posts were published in 2016 covering a variety of topics including debt management, home buying, retirement savings, setting up an emergency fund, financial goal setting, budgeting and more! If you are new to the blog and/or want to see what was published in 2016, head on over to www.yourfinancialpharmaist.com.
In no particular order, here were the top 5 posts of 2016!
Coming in 2017
2017 is shaping up to be an exciting year and I can’t wait for you all to see what is coming. Here are the top 3 exciting developments coming in 2017.
- As you can see from the list of the top blog posts in 2016, it is clear to me that pharmacists want to hear from other pharmacists about their financial journeys (the good, the bad, and the ugly). You will see more stories, of both struggle and success, coming from your peers in 2017. If you have a story you think would be valuable for other pharmacists and/or pharmacy students to read, please send me an e-mail at email@example.com.
- In the coming months, I am going to be launching a personal finance podcast designed specifically for the pharmacist and pharmacy student. My co-host will be Tim Baker, a certified financial planner (CFP) and owner of Script Financial. I have a lot of respect for Tim and can’t wait to bring his expertise and insight to the pharmacists and pharmacy students reading this blog. He has built a niche in financial planning for the pharmacy professional and is able to provide financial expertise while understanding the nuances unique to the pharmacy professional.
- In early 2017, Tim Church, PharmD, BCACP, CDE and I will be launching our book Seven Figure Pharmacist: How to Maximize Your Income, Eliminate Debt and Create Wealth. Tim is crazy smart and an incredible writer that has a way of explaining detailed financial concepts in an easy to understand and fun way. You can get a sneak peak of the book cover over at www.sevenfigurepharmacist.com. Tim and I have been writing for the past 6 months and I promise you will not be disappointed with the final product. Stay tuned for more information coming in January!
Your Financial Homework
If you have been following the blog for some time, you know that I assign “financial homework” with each post. By the e-mails I receive throughout the year, I know that many of you are taking action on this homework which is incredibly rewarding to hear about. This post is no different so here is your homework assignment:
- Tell me what you want to see more of from this blog in 2017. Shoot me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you like what you have been reading and have a friend, colleague, or anyone else that you think would benefit from the blog, please send them over to www.yourfinancialpharmacist.com
- If you haven’t connected with me on social media, please do so via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Happy New Year!
Your Financial Pharmacist